Thursday 10 May 2012

SunBaby Diaper Review



SunBaby Cloth Diapers

SunBaby diapers are made in China, distributed by the owner/mumma in China!
These are my FAVOURITE pocket diaper EVER! I love them and recommend them to EVERYONE new and old that cloth diapers their babes!

Things I love!
  • Price. How can you not love the price???? $5/diaper or less.... YES!!!!! Doesnt get much better than that!
  • Hip Snaps. Hip snaps are a life saver... I cant tell you... I have bought a few other pocket diapers.. Both cheap and expensive that neglect the hip snap.. Which, results in some MAJOR wing dip.. Basically the diper dips which causes leaks and messes.. Ewww!! Well.. SunBaby has those wonderful hip snaps.. And we have NEVER had a leak with our SunBaby diapers.
  • Fit. They fit PERFECTLY! I havent found a diaper that fits my kids quite like SunBaby.. They fit my boys at each stage of growth and made for an excellent cloth diapering experience..
  • Prints. The prints are ADORABLE and there is always a good selection of them.. Best part is.. New ones come out every few months... Well, good for people with a diaper addiction like me! lol but really.. They have a print for everyone!
  • Resale Value. They sell for the same price you buy them for. Period. If you keep your SunBabys in good shape.. You get 100% resale value.. Not many things offer you that anymore!
  • OS. Yep! One size! Saving you even more moula!
Things I don't love!
  • Time to ship. They can take between 4-6weeks to ship to your door.. Which SUCKS if you are desperate for diapers. But, apparently there is working being done in this department.. And can you really complain about FREE international shipping??
  • Insert. Micro insert is my favourite that I have ever tried.. But, I dont use them because I dont use microfibre. They have recently come out with a bamboo/cotton insert.. It was terribly disappointing.. It was very very thin.. Like a liner, not an insert. 

 Note: When doing up SunBaby diaper (and what most people who have issues fix and have no further issues) it is VERY important to get the perfect fit to do up the HIP SNAPS FIRST! You do the hip snaps up on either side, the the waist snaps. Make sure the hip snaps are tight!

Cost: Approx $5/diaper but varies based on amount and inserts chosen.

Overall this diaper gets a 11/10! :D

www.sunbabydiapers.com








What others think!

Sarah (Barrie, ON)
Okay, I've tried all kinds of name brands; Fuzzy Bunz, Grovia, Glow Bug, Mother Ease, Goodmomma, it became an experiment for me ( How else can you have fun changing poop ) and no matter how many I tried I always ended up reaching for my Sun...baby's. SO here's the pro's and Con's that I've found.

PRO’s
Easy to use
Cute prints
Super Affordable 12 for $60 US with FREE shipping
Made by a WAHM in China NOT a Large Mass producing factory
No Wing droop
Nice soft fleece inner that STAYS dry it’s not even damp to the touch when DD soaks the insert
Inserts are Microfiber/Bamboo/or a mix of the two
Fit great especially with the new 2 size system
The pocket actually stays closed unlike some of the other brands we’ve tried
Great Customer service

CON’s
To keep up with demand she has more staff and the quality has dropped slightly
Once a cute print is sold out it’s gone
While I have had no problems with fit, others have. It’s just like any other brand though some fit others better
And they don't sell separately only in groups of 6 or more unless you buy from Sunbaby.ca but then they cost more individually and you pay a lot in shipping :(

Christine (Bellville, ON)
Let me start off by saying....I love my sunbabies as if they were my children lol. But like anything in life nothing is perfect but they are pretty darn close ;).
things i <3 the most-The mf inserts are the best ive come across and ive tried 5 brands with mf inserts.
-the diapes have amazingly addictive prints and release new ones often which i LOVE
-they are def best bang for your buck ive come accross but def go mf or no inserts at all.
-hip snaps=must... so i <3 them for that
-One size- though i dont feel the size 2 would fit an 8lb babe the like website says my lo was on the very smallest setting and we started cding at 13lbs
-Available in 2 sizes to fit slim and chuncky babes though i have 1 or each and they fit them both just on different rise settings :)
-Fit is always great NO LEAKS (when using adequate stuffing for my super pee'rs)
-The thing i LOVE the most above everything is the PRICE!!!! can be as low as $4.oo per diaper with no inserts!!
-the email response us great to! They are awesome at answering questions within 24hrs (because of the time difference)
things i not so <3 -The bamboo they now offer is pretty poor quality (company suggests using 2-3 per diape) ive tried 3 with my 4mo at the time and he leaked in 1hr.
-a lot of online forums are reporting poor snap quality in the last few batches...which i have experienced with 2 diapes
-Take FOREVER to get here...30 days from china or pay 6.75 plus shipping more per diape to come from alberta canada....i think ill wait ;).
-Pocket doesnt fit my bummies prefolds which i use for my 2.5yo and for night time us with my 5mo...but it does fit a kawaii prefold with a alva bamboo insert which is trimmer and works better anyways :)








1 comment:

  1. I love Sunbaby dipes! I recently bought one of them used and now have a full pack on the way!

    ReplyDelete