Tuesday 15 January 2013

Our big big trip with our snazzy cloth diapers!

Chronicals of a crazy lady who MUST cloth 24/7 and to any location!



Oh bother... I wrote this out in August.. After our trip and it got deleted... I wrote it out again in October and it got deleted again.... After I shed a few tears each time, I gave up on it. Here we are in January and I still feel like I need to share!

Our BIG two week trip in July went PERFECTLY! Planes, resorts, cruise ships, resorts and planes!

Yep, thats a heck of a lot of diapers... What can I say.. This mama likes to have lots to choose from! I also had to bring a couple (4) themed diapers for the pirate night arrrrrrrgh!

It went off without a hitch! All 16 days! And it didn't take any planning, or nonsense... Nothing you hear those "part-time" cders talking about is true. About oh how they use sposies on trips because its just too much work....

Hmmmmmmm...

I call BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBS!
If this Wylde bunch can do it, you can too!

So we left our house of course it was my sisters birthday weekend, so we had to stop by my mums. We stopped by my mums for the night and then we were off to my MIL's house to get ready to go. That evening before going to sleep I washed up all the diapers we had used since we left our house (handwashed them, it took about 5 mins so don't get all grossed out! lol) and put them up to dry on her clothesline in her basement. I didn't need them so they stayed there while we were away.

The kids slept great... Me, not so much.. I was WAY too excited!! Anyways..... haha The morning diaper got rinsed up and hung too.. And we were off!

Diaper changes at the airport... MAN am I ever glad I have a great wet bag... lol...

Oh, I should mention.... ha ha.. For the first time EVER my wee man pooped out of his diaper... A pooporella... Of course, mum (me) got it so it wasnt drama... It was on accent so I got to chill with some poop pants for a bit.. But I just went to the bathroom and cleaned my pant leg off and we were good to go.

More diaper changes.....

We made it to the resort!! WAhoooo! Our first room had a washer (top load) and dryer right in our room, SCORE! And here comes the best part................................... Diaper safe detergent... Yep.... I mean, it wasnt my arm and hammer, but it was good enough... I had forgotten my detergent... haha.. But it was A-O-KAY! First thing I did was wash me some diaper! Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!
Anyways, enough of that.. haha...
So more diaper changes... We hang out for a couple days.. The night before we leave for our cruise I do another big load of diapers. The morning diaper I rinse out like crazy and toss in the wet bag.

More diaper changes....

We were on the ship! And it was fantastic!!!!! I honestly could write a university level 10,000 word essay on how amazing Disney Cruise Line is..... If you EVER ever EVER have the opportunity to go, DO IT! Like I told a very good friend of mine, if you have to go into debt to go, DO IT! Its worth it! (And she says WOW that's like crazy coming from you... Yep.. And I mean it!)

Anyways... We were just down the hall from the laundry station... I go look... DUN DUN DUN... The dreaded front loader.... GASP! I was instantly worried for my diapers.... But I though.... Wait.. I am the diaper guru.. I got this.. Pfffft! And, IT WAS FINE! lol.. I did diapers mid trip and hung them all over our cabin. It was fabulous! And soooooooooooo freakin easy! If someone can find a little bit of time to do diaper laundry on the freaking Disney cruise.... Anyone can find time! Our days were backed, FUN and exhausting!

More diaper changes.... 5 different kids of water... No fuss, no muss, nooooooooo stink!

Back to the resort... More diaper changes... This time... Laundry is on the first floor... Booooooooo and I had been so pampered up till this point... Thankfully I only had to do 1 load. Again, easy, peasy, lemon squeesy... :D

And before we knew it, our vacation was over. We had to wave goodbye to Star Island, Sea World, Disney Cruise Lines and Florida. We had been having such a blast our two weeks had flown by!

And yes, we cloth diapered the entire time. Not a disposable went on my sweet boys bum! We did not have a singular issue! It was amazing and blissful! I would do it again in an insant!

Oh, and no issues when we got back to our own water! haha... I always have loved that "its my water" "its the different water" comments I see on a lot of cloth diaper sites/page. GUESS WHAT! Its not your water. Water rocks. Water is SUPER important for your diapers. WATER WATER WATER! Its a cloth diapering mamas best friend. When I thought to myself, "Self, are you sure we wont have diaper issues, like, maybe?" I just did some extra rinses...
I find it funny that I get the same questions from people over and over and over again...

If something is going funky with your diapers..... Think and reflect. If nothing works.. Email me!
1) Am I using enough water? (Soaking, Rinsing, WATER!)
2) Is my detergent causing issues? (Even some "cloth diaper detergents" can seriously funk up your diapers, like RNG)
3) Am I doing something differently?

I hope that was informative... It certainly wasn't as good as the first time I wrote it.. But I tried!

<3 candice="candice" p="p">








No comments:

Post a Comment